On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 07:39:34PM -0500, Jesse Scott wrote:
> -----Original Message----- From: Fred Crowson
> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 5:57 PM
> To: Jesse Scott
> Cc: a...@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Sharp Zaurus shutdown issue
>
> On 09/04/2012 23:24, Jesse Scott wrote:
> >
> >I upgraded in release increments. 4.2 to 4.3, 4.3 to 4.4, 4.4 to 4.5,
> >4.6, 4.7 to 4.8, 4.8 to 4.9, 4.9 to 5.0. I think I first noticed the issue
> >in version 4.4, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, if I remove the wireless card
> >after the Zaurus powers down and reinsert the card the link and power
> >lights
> >come right back on. Seems like power isn't being removed from the CF slot.
> >
> >Jesse
> >

> >Have you tried a snapshot?
>
> >I've been upgrading via zaurus snapshots recently, rather than the
> >releases...there was a reason but my brain hasn't remembered it.
>
> >hth
>
> >Fred
>
> Okay so I updated to the latest Zaurus snapshot putting 5.1 current
> on it and I'm still having the same issue. Here's some further
> information. When I suspend and then unsuspend the Zaurus the
> following messages are displayed:
>
> wi0: device timeout
> wi0: init failed
> wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
> wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
> wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
> wi0: mgmt. buffer allocation failed
> wi0: device timeout
>
> The card does eventually reconnect to the network though. However,
> the lights on the wireless card remain on when the system is
> suspended or powered off. Any other ideas?

I don't know about the wi0 issue, but code seems to be missing in
the scoop driver to properly power down everything. IIRC, even with
no cards attached, when the system is halted parts of the hardware
are still powered and the battery is consumed within 6-7 hours.

I'm moving the discussion to misc@ since only few of us are
subscribed to arm@

-- Alexandre