-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Markus Wernig
Sent: den 3 november 2005 14:17
To: Jesper Louis Andersen
Cc: John N. Brahy; misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: perl interface to pf?

 Hello,
       I am working on a program similar to that but written in c++ and
php. However slightly different functionality, uses token based OTP
authentication via SMS, and and a PHP interface to create the new
rules. However the reason I am doing this is not because there is a
need but more to learn c++ and encryption. There are much simpler
and safer ways to achieve this with pre-existing tools, but sure
it's possible although maybe not wise. One problem is parsing and
syntax checking of pf rules so that garbage isn't fed to for
example pfctl if that is the method one chooses. One problem of
many. Like a previous poster said, it'a a lot of work for very
little gain, but if like me you have the extra time and have
something else to gain from the excerise then it could be
worthwhile.

// jpb

** Jorgen Boberg                          **
** Managing Director & Senior Consultant  **
** Intellibit Consulting SIA              **
** Krisjana Barona Iela 37/30             **
** LV-1011, Riga                          **
** Latvia                                 **
** Tel: +371 83 80 803                    **