Thanks for the tip Alan, I didn't know about mini-pci express.

I can get an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 or 6300 on Amazon.  Does
anybody have any experience with these adapters and the iwn driver?  I
ask because the reason I need a new adapter is that my 6230 doesn't
work with the iwn driver.

Alternatively, does anybody have a recommended *half* mini-pci adapter
of another brand?

Cheers,
Laurence.