On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:28:02 +0100, Laurence Rochfort wrote:

>I have a Sandybridge chipset and am glad to say that with the arrival
>of my 5.1 CDs I now have the correct X resolution.
>
>However, I cannot switch from X to console or shutdown from X, both
>just give a blank screen.  I can reboot from X and shutdown if booted
>to console however.
>
>I understand the X to console problem is known, but have not seen
>reports of the poweroff from X problems.
>
>Any advice as to how to diagnose/resolve?

RTFA

Oh, alright I won't make you beg.
Search for "Lenovo E320: strange things happen with X"

There is a patch somewhere in the thread that doesn't fix everything
(IIRC) but it works well enough for me when I compiled the patched file
and redid Xenocara.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.