On 2012-05-06, Renzo Fabriek <rfabr...@nerdshack.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 06 May 2012 18:24:21 Alan Corey wrote:
>> I just saw another good reason to hit ctrl-C.  I'm on a modem, and I just
>> hit boost_1_42_0.tar.gz in an install.  That's 40 megs, more than I can
>> download in a day.  I need to use a different process, like put the url in
>> a text file and feed it to wget with --continue -i <file>
>>
>> So I hit ctrl-C, and that got me out of downloading from the first site,
>> only to start downloading from another, then another.  What I really
>> wanted was to be able to copy a working url and paste it into a text file.
>>
>>    Alan
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Alan Corey wrote:
>>
>> > I've seen this before, I wonder if there's some environment variable I can
>> > set to stop it?
>> >
>> > I try make fetch on a port, it fails due to a bad site.  I hit Ctrl-C to
>> > stop
>> > it, it goes to the next site and downloads the file.  Then it deletes the
>> > file when it finishes.  I type make install and it tries the bad site
>> > again...
>> >
>> >  Alan
>>

> You are able to get a working url. All info for that url is in the Makefile
> of the port. You could cut and paste an url or do some shell scripting to
> extract the url's.
>
> gr
> Renzo

It's a bit awkward actually but can be done. You have to take
output of 'make show=DISTFILES' and prepend contents of 'make
show=MASTER_SITES' (which can give you multiple URLs), except
where the distfile ends in :0, :1, :2, ... :9 in which case you
need MASTER_SITES0, ...1, etc. Similar for PATCHFILES and maybe
SUPDISTFILES..

You can't do it reliably without 'make show=...' because the
URL can come from a *.port.nk modules, Makefile.inc or
network.conf. And sometimes you need to fallback a backup at
an openbsd.org server.