Hi,

I am looking for a Load balancing and fail-over setup. So I am working on
below 2 subjects

How can I do equal-cost multipath routing?

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html

Load Balance Outgoing Traffic

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outexample

My first question is how to do failover when one link goes down?

Can I do it with ping and ifstated ?

If yes, How to ping external internet host when that link is DOWN? I find
it difficult?

I tried it with below commands

ping -I WAN1_if_ip www.google.lk

ping -I WAN2_if_ip www.google.lk

Some times it works? some times it does NOT?

Could you pls explain why?

If it does NOT ping, How to do failover?

So, Now, I am trying with snmpwalk command. I think it is OKAY?  your
comments?

I found a URL here?

http://old.nabble.com/Re:-ifstated-and-ping-p15546523.html

Then, the other question is that when loadbalancing works as expected ,

I will have to send https via one link as described in Openbsd site.

Pls see below.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outexample

#  keep https traffic on a single connection; some web applications,
#  especially "secure" ones, don't allow it to change mid-session
pass in on $int_if proto tcp from $lan_net to port https \
    route-to ($ext_if1 $ext_gw1)

Then, If that link goes down, when, failiver happnes, How to send that
https traffic via other link?

I think delete that rule and add another rule like this? am I right?

pass in on $int_if proto tcp from $lan_net to port https \
    route-to ($ext_if2 $ext_gw2)

If I am right, How to delete the existing rule and add other rule when
failover happens?

Hope to hear from you.

--
Thank you