On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Peter J. Philipp <p...@centroid.eu> wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:53:34PM +0200, Mike Belopuhov wrote:
>> 4) Install the server certificate on the server:
>>
>>    ikectl ca vpn certificate 10.1.0.1 install
>>
>> 5) To export the client certificate in a ZIP'ed PFX format, you need
>>    to install zip utility (pkg_add -i zip).
>>
>>    ikectl ca vpn certificate 10.5.0.1 export
>>

> Does the .tgz file need to be extracted at all on the server?

On the server? No. For the server certificate you just do the "install".

> I've tried
> and tried for too long and my certificates are out of sync I think, is
there
> a command to delete everything and just keep the original blank iked
structure
> so that one can start over without old certificates in the way?

I guess you can do "ikectl ca vpn delete" and that should remove most
of the stuff that gets in the way.

>> 6) Transfer 10.5.0.1.zip to the Windows host and load the certificates
>>    by doubleclicking on them.  Make sure that certificates are valid
>>    in the MMC Certificates Snap-In.
>
> This gave me a huge headache.  I tried using MMC (as administrator and
other
> user) but my vpn client stayed at 13806 error.  Perhaps VPN wasn't meant
for
> people like me.

As Pavel described, you shouldn't doubleclick as I said because
then windows will install it to the user certificates. Quoting Pavel:
"MMC and the local computer account switch should be used
instead."   I believe he refers to the Certificates snap-in.  It asks
you this question when you add it to the MMC.