On 05/20/2012 10:49 PM, Nick Holland wrote:
On 05/20/12 17:49, David Diggles wrote:
Ok, I am interested in opinions on why one should migrate from BIND to unbound?
1) It is unlikely there will be any more updates to BIND9 in OpenBSD
base install.
2) It is even more unlikely that the comedyfest that BIND10 appears to
be added to OpenBSD base install (*snicker* python?? *snicker*)
3) BIND sucks.  Degree of suckage has varied from release to release,
but it has consistently remained a bad idea implemented poorly.
4) Unbound&  NSD sucks less.

Nick.
My site needs both split horizon and pretty complete authoritative support.
Does anyone have suggestions about BIND replacement(s) for this scenario?
Right now BIND works for me (for some value of "works".)

One machine serving as:
  1) primary nameserver for multiple domains
  2) secondary nameserver for multiple domains
  3) internal nameserver for domains in (1) with additional records
  4) internal nameserver for internal domains

If there is a discussion of this in an archive some place I'll look for it.
I didn't see much useful searching for split horizon and unbound.

thanks!
Geoff Steckel