On 05/31/2012 05:54 PM, Manolis Tzanidakis wrote:
> Please reply on the list. I'm already subscribed and others might find
> your questions useful. Also, don't send HTML e-mails. Check the lists'
> guidelines.
>
> On Thu (31/05/12), Eugene Yunak wrote:
>> Thank you very much, this is super helpful! i am going to buy either
>> this board or the E450 one and dmesg is precisely what i needed.
>>
>> One question if i may - do you know if it supports boot from USB and
>> maybe USB raid 1? (i want to create mirror of usb sticks and install OS
>> there, and use all the sata ports for data hdds).
>
> It boots from USB. I installed OBSD this way. I suppose softraid(4)
> should support raid 1 with USB drives/sticks. I don't think it's a good
> idea though.

Be aware, that OpenBSD cannot boot from softraid. / needs to be on a
single disk, but can be automatically backuped to an altroot device.

Here is my fstab in a similar setup:

~ $ more /etc/fstab
/dev/sd0a / ffs rw 1 1
/dev/sd0b none swap sw
aad9c166558b757e.d /usr ffs rw,nodev,softdep 1 2
aad9c166558b757e.e /tmp ffs rw,nodev,nosuid,softdep 1 2
aad9c166558b757e.f /home ffs rw,nodev,nosuid,softdep 1 2
aad9c166558b757e.g /var ffs rw,nodev,nosuid,softdep 1 2
/dev/sd1a /altroot ffs xx 0 0

hth,
marc