Can anyone help with a little amd problem?

I have some partitions on SSD and some on HD and would like to use
amd(8) so that the HD filesystems are only mounted on-demand, reducing
fsck time in a crash.

I've got them mounting OK...

$ cat /etc/amd/master
-c 60 -x all -l syslog /a bamboo.map
$ cat /etc/amd/bamboo.map
cvs     host==bamboo;type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/sd0d
dist    host==bamboo;type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/sd0e
more    host==bamboo;type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/sd0f
$ grep amd /etc/rc.conf.local
amd_flags=

My understanding was that they should timeout after "-c" seconds
(default 5 mins, I reduced it for testing) and then attempt to dismount
them every "-w" seconds (default 2 mins). But I don't see this. If I
ls -l /cvs it gets mounted:

Jun  2 12:21:03 bamboo amd[29958]: /dev/sd0d mounted fstype ufs on
/tmp_mnt/bamboo/a/cvs

but leave the machine idle and it doesn't unmount.

Any suggestions? Thanks.