On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Coming back and checking the thread, allow me to start laughing
> *REALLY HARD* at this, since I've seen no other comments on it. The
> ability to lock your hardware with libc and glibc errors is only
> exceeded by the kernel itself, and maintaining compilers to take
> advantage of new libc features is...... well, it's a lot of work too.
> And keeping it compatible with the various other GPL or open source
> tools that are commonly used in the real world? Really, really good
> luck with those!!!!

I'm confused.  The direction Bitrig is taking their toolchain is
roughly the same that a lot of OpenBSD developers would like to go
too, just Bitrig is explicitly not concerned about less common
architectures which makes their job way easier.

I do hope they succeed on that matter at least.  If they can't even
get amd64/i386/arm working with LLVM, then it's a rough road ahead for
us when we also have to worry about sparc, sh, mips, hppa, vax, and
m88k too.