Hi people,

I'm trying to get recording from the mic input of my laptop working, but have
not have success so far. I'm using a thinkpad laptop
with an azalia device and a pretty run of the mill headset, attached to
headphone out and microphone in. The headset itself works
fine on other machines and the microphone input and headphone output of the
laptop work fine hardware-wise (i.e. tested with another
operating system). On OpenBSD however, the mic input remains silent. Files
recorded with aucat -o foo.wav remain silent for the
entire recording duration, as if the mic was somehow muted. Below is the
output of mixerctl:

        outputs.spkr_source=dac-0:1
        outputs.spkr_mute=on
        outputs.spkr=125,125
        outputs.spkr_eapd=on
        outputs.hp_source=dac-0:1
        outputs.hp_mute=off
        outputs.hp=155,155
        outputs.hp_dir=output
        outputs.hp_boost=off
        outputs.mic_dir=input-vr80
        inputs.beep_mute=off
        inputs.beep=108
        inputs.mix_source=dac-0:1,mic,hp
        inputs.mix_dac-0:1=125,125
        inputs.mix_mic=215,215
        inputs.mix_hp=125,125
        record.adc-0:1_source=mic
        record.adc-0:1_mute=off
        record.adc-0:1=253,253
        outputs.hp_sense=plugged
        outputs.mic_sense=plugged
        outputs.spkr_muters=hp
        outputs.master=157,157
        outputs.master.mute=off
        outputs.master.slaves=spkr,hp
        record.volume=255,255
        record.volume.mute=off
        record.volume.slaves=adc-0:1

As you can see, all recording related devices are at full volume and no device
is muted except for the built-in speakers. Is
recording on azalia devices simply not supported or am I missing something
really obvious here?

--
    Gregor Best