Hello,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM, <richardtoo...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>  Quoting cody chandler <cody.a.chand...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >  OpenBSD 5.1 -Release. 4 installs tested. During install when it first
> > asks do I want to creat a user. It does not allow me to creat the user
> > name
> > II00I00II. But after the install I can use useradd or adduser and am
> > able
> > to login with the user. Another issue I came accross. In the sudoers
> > file
> > I have 2 names under root and not using the wheel group but using the
> > name
> > for sudoers. The 2nd name works but this name "II00I00II" does not work
> > with sudo. Is there a reason for this to not work as expected? To
> > clairify the name is capital i's with number 0's.
> >

> Same sort of thing bit me when using periods in the user name:
>

> http://old.nabble.com/Installer-adding-user---doesn%27t-allow-periods-in-user-name-td30129803.html
>
> The installer is more strict about the permitted user names.
>
> See also man adduser.

I did check the man page before asking in email.

Per the man page of "adduser(8)"

RESTRICTIONS
     username
             It is recommended that login names contain only lowercase
             characters and digits.  They may also contain uppercase
             characters, non-leading hyphens, periods, underscores, and a
             trailing `$'.

Thats what throws me off.  The username I tried is "II00I00II" upper case i
and number zero (0).  Which are said to be of allowed per the man page.