ok here's a more thought out idea

a vpf is the same as a pf only that it has an ioctl that binds its
device minor to a rule # in pf0. access to a vpf0 is the same, posix
vfs permissions. (securelevel affects pf rule write-ability, but i
don't think a per vpf equivalent is useful for this example). only
that the bind ioctl can be done by root exclusively

if you want more vpfs, you need more device minors. that way the user
interfaces are already there (pfctl, systat states), and the pf device
protocol is already there, but the rules are now partitioned which was
the true purpose from the start