At 09:30 AM 11/08/2005, Per-Olov Sjvholm wrote:
On Tuesday 08 November 2005 13.07, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> At 12:21 AM 11/08/2005, Per-Olov Sjvholm wrote:
> >OK.
> >
> >Thanks for the reply
> >
> >B t w... What is "IM"?
> >

> >Regards
> >Per-Olov
>
> Integrated Mirroring.
> LSI cards that I tested work fine under OBSD, but
> not the IM support. It is not there yet. If you
> can -even- get it to mirror, performance is quite sub par. (at this point)
>
> HTH
>
> -JD

Yes it *seems* to work ok if I use the disks as single disks without mirroring
or striping. Do you think there are any drawbacks with the card if I just
skip mirroring?  Can you trust the card? Is it just if IM is set up that
causes problem?

I dont recall *any* issue with running these cards under openbsd as long as the mirror was not used. There was no drawback. As an alternative...if you use equal disks, you can slice and dice them (the same as the main one) and then run rsync as often as you like to create a pseudo 'offline' mirror. Thats what I do with IDE machines....and the nice thing, is that unlike a mirror...if I delete something I can still grab it off the 2nd drive as long as I hit it before the cron rsync runs :-)

If I did have any issue (I really cant recall) it would be on the mailing list archives.

-JD