On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:38:39AM +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 08:52:14PM +0000, z...@sdf.org wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > there are a lot of nice window managers in OpenBSD base (fvwm, cwm, ...).
> >
> > I am a big fan of dwm and I think it shares the philosophy of minimalism
> > which is important to a lot of BSD lovers. Also, it has a good code
> > quality and is rock solid...
> >
> > Is there a reason why dwm isnt in OpenBSD base installation?
>
> Because  there are already enough/too many window managers in base.
> Use the packages if you prefer to use another window manager.
>

> --
> Matthieu Herrb

I was surprised how many window managers are in base installation.
So, I just was interested why dwm isnt. However, I understand
that most people edit the config.h and compile dwm on there own
and so do I. But it would be convenient to use dwm to compile my own
dwm.

Well, I can fork OpenBSD and make things properly :D.

Jokes beside: dwm in base doesnt make much sense.

Cheers

--
z...@sdf.org