Matt Garman wrote:

Has anyone else out there been brave enough to go rw on their CF
cards?  Results?

I have been brave (read: lazy) enough to keep my Soekris running with a single root partition mounted r/w on my (home) gateway Soekris box since i got it for my birthday in June (how pleased I was to see 3.7 pre-installed on the CF - thanks Wim :) ). No massive traffic, but I expect it to log stuff quite regularly (i just noticed the pflog adding in general at least one packet per minute).

I've been thinking about mfs'ing and mounting r/o but since it's non-critical, I'll probably keep it as it is and see what happens. I even got a laptop hd in it, but I would like to keep it in standby mode as much as possible.

Anyway, no issues whatsoever, so far.

/Alexander