On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Alexis de BRUYN [Mailinglists] wrote:

> The chip is a DL-165. Maybe it is my problem. UDL(4) mentions that :
> DESCRIPTION
>      The udl driver supports USB display devices based on the DisplayLink
>      DL-120 / DL-160 graphic chip.
>
> Regards,

Nope, DL-165 is supported. But looking at udl.c i see that is seems to
think that the device is a DL-160. I assume you are correct that your
device is based on DL-165. I have found more than one udl devices with
the same usb id, but different chipsets. The windows driver seems to have
a way of knowning which.

What you can test is changing the line in udl_devs for DISPLAYLINK_CONV
from DL160 to DL165 and see if it makes any difference.

-moj