Am 2012-08-01 14:07, schrieb Sebastian Benoit:
Bernd(be...@kroenchenstadt.de) on 2012.08.01 12:07:10 +0200:
Hi,

I got some redirects configured in relayd(8) which use backup
('fallback') hosts for the case all hosts in the 'main' table are down,
e.g. due to maintenance.

So, in this case, backup hosts get enabled and show a page like "sorry,
we're down for maintenance".

This works fine; however, after the main table hosts (at least one) are
back up and running (due to checks being successful again, or
re-enabling them) sessions that went to the backup hosts don't go away.

My primary thought was that sessions to fallback hosts would be flushed or time out as soon as the main table is active again, or at least after
$timeout (default: 600s).

Best,

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

you might indeed have found a bug. I'll look into it.

/Benno

Hi,

I found out that this problem does *not* persist when not using stickyness. I'll update the machines soon (not easy because under heavy load), and check if it still happens running 5.1.

Thanks,

Bernd