________________________________
 From: Remco <re...@d-compu.dyndns.org>
To: Bogdan Andu <bo...@yahoo.com>; misc@openbsd.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 14,
2012 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: relayd log file

Bogdan Andu wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have a reverse proxy based on relayd. however I am unable to see who

accesses the server.

> general directive 'log all' writes the client_ip
-> actual_web_server_ip
> in file /var/log/daemon which is enough but that
file rotates to quickly
> and I do not want to change its default setup.
>

> How can I tell relayd to log in a file log other than /var/log/daemon ?

Thank you,

> Bogdan

I can think of two ways:

1) use the -d switch and
redirect the output to a file of your choice.

2) this may be more to your
liking, add the following to /etc/syslog.conf:

!!relayd
*.*
                                   /var/log/relayd
!*

Make sure you have an
empty log file, touch /var/log/relayd, and restart (or
maybe reload is good
enough) syslogd.

Oh,

I have completly missed that out of view.

There was
examples also in syslog.conf

Thank you for your response.