On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:12:22 +0200
Gilles Chehade wrote:

> > I think this came up before but my Googling failed to find it.
> >
> > I love disposable addresses and being able to say. Oi what you doing
> > giving my address to spammers, or have you had a virus??
> >
> > A todo list was mentioned, I was just wondering if disposable addresses
> > was on it or would that be in a galaxy far away?
> >

> What do you mean by disposable ?

You specify a character usually defaulting to - as a seperator

and then acceptable addresses

bob
bob-
pete-

for a domain like bobszz.net

so bobszz.net can receive mail to

b...@bobszz.net
bob-canitrust...@bobszz.net
bob-groupedascompanyc...@bobszz.net
bob-anyth...@bobszz.net
pete-anyth...@bobszz.net

This means you can trace the causer of spam if you created a new address
for each person.

You know it's an enquiry from you business card if your businesss card
is bob-c...@bobszz.net.

You only need a single filter on to: rather than from: headers when a
company or organisation sends you mail from multiple addresses and
domains after submitting one address to a form.

Such filters may even help users spot phishers forging the from.

A little perl and it works with greytrapping and spamd too.

Someone should put a spamd black on bobszz.net now ;@