On 17/09/2012 03:57, Ted Unangst wrote:
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 19:55, Mike Williams wrote:
On 16/09/2012 17:36, Ted Unangst wrote:
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:25, Mike Williams wrote:

So I am looking at the Gigabyte GA-D525TUD with a Intel GMA 3150. The
only references I can find on marc.info are from 2 years ago and implies
it has been supported since OBSD 4.8.  It is not listed under the
intel(4) driver.  Can anyone confirm it is supported?  And if so which
driver is used?

No, none of the powerVR graphics are supported by anything other than
the vesa driver.  That's basically anything atom based (unless it has
nvidia graphics, also not supported).

Ah, hadn't realised the 3150 came from that lineage.  Bugger.  Ok, it
seems some of the Jetway boards have Intel 945/950 chipsets - they might
do.  More research to be done.

oopsie, I may have been hasty.  The 3150 is apparently based on the
regular intel graphics core, so it should work.  I was mixing it up
with the 3650.  I cannot confirm anything about the 3150 though.  I
can confirm the 3650 is vesa only.

Ok, that more follows what I have been able to dig up.

And BTW, I should not have written off the VIA VE900. In OBSD5.1 the VX900 chipset is not listed as supported under openchrome(4) but it is under -current, and the VIA Nano should perform better clock for clock compared to an Atom.

There now seems to be choices, which is nice.

Mike