Le 2012-09-17 13:19, Ted Unangst a écrit :
I probably have missed something obvious... Why don't you just use hfsc?

I want the queue to change based on the length of time (or data) the
connection has been around.  All of my traffic is going to be coming
from port 80, so there's way to identify to long connections vs short
connections in pf.

Isn't that the point of hfsc? From pf.conf(5):

     The hfsc scheduler supports some additional options:

        linkshare <sc>      The bandwidth share of a backlogged queue.
        realtime <sc>       The minimum required bandwidth for the queue.
        upperlimit <sc>     The maximum allowed bandwidth for the queue.

     <sc> is an abbreviation for service curve.

     The format for service curve specifications is (m1, d, m2).  m2 controls
     the bandwidth assigned to the queue.  m1 and d are optional and can be
     used to control the initial bandwidth assignment.  For the first d
     milliseconds the queue gets the bandwidth given as m1, afterwards the
     value given in m2.

Just define m1, d, and m2 according to your needs...

I must be missing something obvious...

Simon