2012/9/18 Ed Flecko <edfle...@gmail.com>:
> I have State and Federal regulators that want me to PROVE (since their
> only used to looking at Micro$oft servers) my OBSD 5.1 server is up to
> date, and there are no outstanding patches that need to be applied.

One interresting point would be "how do you prove it on that other OS?"
Does it suffice to write "I ran winders-update" for that OS, or do you
list all installed errata numbers and re-checksum the DLL files there?

Whatever the proof-level you have for that OS, it should be somewhat
trivial to do similar verifications on any other OS.

--
 To our sweethearts and wives.  May they never meet. -- 19th century toast