I'm not sure if it's available for OpenBSD, but there's dd_rescue as well,
which I gather substitutes blocks of zeros for any unreadable sectors.

That would allow you to create an image file with some "holes" filled in
with zeros.  You then would be able to avoid I/O errors by working against
that image file instead of the disk itself.

Good luck!

--
*This email is intended only for its recipients.  If you are reading this,
and are not a recipient of this email, won't you please explain to me how

Please think about the environment, then print this email.
*