On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:00:26 +0200
Claudio Jeker <cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> wrote:

>| On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 05:19:53PM +0200, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
>| > Hi,
>| >
>| > After checking cvs tree, it seems that ospf6d isn't following changes done
>in
>| > ospfd.
>| >
>| > Is someone working on updating ospf6d to add changes done in ospfd ? (or
>may
>| > be it's not the best way to do ?).
>| >
>| > If it's a good idea to do it, I can try. Do you have some advice ? Should I
>| > try to apply a big diff between ospfd initial (i.e. 2007 version) and
>current
>| > state ? Or is there a way to retrieve each patch made to ospfd between 2007
>| > and now ?
>| >
>| > A last question: ospf6d initial version was created by copying and
>modifying
>| > ospfd files; I presume it was done this way instead of having same code
>with
>| > #ifdef mecanism for good reasons. After 5 years of evolution, does these
>| > reasons still appear beoing valid (I just ask, I haven't sufficient
>knowledge
>| > to give an answer).
>| >

>| OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 are similar but still to different to have a common
>| source. We try to sync parts between the two daemons from time to time but
>| in some parts the behaviour is to different so that syncing is almost
>| impossible.

OK.

>| I may sound like a broken record but we accept diffs. So if you think
>| there are commits in ospfd that need to be synced over we will have a look
>| at them.

Here is a patch adapted from ospfd patch of "Tue Sep 25 11:25:41 2007
UTC" (the one of version 1.52 of kroute.c):
<<
Last missing piece in the equal cost multipath support for ospfd.
Send all possible nexthops to the parent process and correctly sync
the RIB, FIB and kernel routing table. Based on initial work by pyr@.
OK pyr@ norby@
PS: don't forget that you need to enable multipath support via a sysctl

It seems to solve my problem but not "perfectly".
When starting ospf6d with the best link between 2 hosts down, fib contains
2 other routes comme from 2 other hosts (these 2 routes have equal cost).
When the link came UP, these 2 routes are removed and replaced by the best
route; that's alright.
Next when the link goes down, the 2 alternative routes are well added in fib
but the precedent best route is still in the fib (I see it with  route -n -v
show |grep TargetIP). May be an important point: TargetIP is an IPv6 on lo1.

I can't find why; if you have any idea... I have a test network so I can make
test easily...

Manuel

--
Cordialement,

Manuel Guesdon

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of ospf6d-patch1]