Op 27 sep. 2012 om 22:51 heeft Grumpy <gru...@grumble-bubble.org> het
volgende
geschreven:

>> For starters, what is SSI? As many TLAs go, it can mean multiple
>> things. I won't try to guess what you want.
>
> Obviously, SSI is a recursive acronym for ``SSI Shrinks Information''.
> I am surprised a CS veteran like you doesn't know this.
>
> Grumpy

Veteran, yes. But as you know, the set of aquired acronyms depends much upon
environment. I once had a meeting (fresh from university) with some IBM
engineers on the subject of the introduction of the first RS/6000 models in
.nl. I still feel the sense of alienation, not knowing what a DASD was. I
was
guessing it was some very special storage device, but in the end it just
meant
"direct access storage device": just a disk.

FYI = For Your Information
FYI = Fuck You Idiot

Very useful distinction in corporate wide forwarding :-)

Maybe this wil trigger an EOG (end of grumpiness :-)

 -Otto