ÓÒÅÄÁ, 10 ÏËÔÑÂÒÑ 2012 Ç. ÐÏÌØÚÏ×ÁÔÅÌØ Nick Holland ÐÉÓÁÌ:

> On 10/09/2012 12:55 PM, éÌØÑ ûÉÐÉÃÉÎ wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm investigating /etc/rc script. And I found the following there:
>>
>> if [ -e /fastboot ]; then
>>          echo "Fast boot: skipping disk checks."
>> elif [ X"$1" = X"autoboot" ]; then
>>          echo "Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks."
>>

>> hmm... if I put /fastboot, no filesystem will be checked ?
>>

> so says the code, yes.
>
>  how it supposed
>> to work for non-nfs filesystems ?
>>

> "properly"?
>
> they'll be not checked, too?
>
> I think I'm missing part of your question...but the answer is in the code,
> which you are already reading.

I meant, in case of NFS you don't need to fsck at all. However, there's no
need to indicate such case. mount already knows if there nfs stuff.

> You don't normally fsck an nfs mount (that advisory has always satisfied
> my curiosity sufficiently, I've never actually tried it.  I probably
> should).
>
>  is mount able to work with dirty
>> filesystem ?
>>

> for some definition of "work with" -- default is to refuse to mount dirty
> file systems.
>
>  what will happen if I put /fastboot and cold reset (which leaves
>> filesystems dirty) occures ?
>>

> try it and find out?
>
> /fastboot is a marker to indicate the system was shut down cleanly, not a
> user-knob to twist for giggles.  If you deliberately place a marker that is
> supposed to indicate the file system was shut down cleanly when it wasn't,
> you will break things.  The good news is, you get to keep all the pieces.
>  The other good news is it will be fairly easy to fix.

I got an idea. It won't help to mount dirty filesystems (like
error-behavour flag in case of ext4), it is just a relic, which was
occasionly removed :)
Great news.