On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM, David Coppa <dco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Aaron Mason <simplersolut...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Aaron Mason <simplersolut...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>>

>>> I would, but I wasn't able to figure out how to disable the PIN using
>>> AT commands, so I plugged it into a Winders machine and did it that
>>> way.  If I figure it out I'll post it here.
>>>

>> Got it:
>> # echo "AT+CPIN=xxxx" > /dev/cuaU2
>> (then wait 10 seconds before connecting)
>>
>> Only thing is I can't get the thing to connect afterwards.  If I try a
>> SIM that doesn't need a PIN, it connects first go.  Any cluesticks?
>
> I usually put the sim in a cellphone and disable the pin request entirely...

Yeah that works fine, but I'd rather not have to do that if keeping
the PIN is the preferred option.  Might just install a USB snooper on
a Winders machine and see what magic the Telstra utility does (no
option for logging - grr).

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse