You wrote:

> > Thanks I'll have a look.
>
> It's quite interesting to see a bitcoin post on @misc. Regardless of what
> people think, it's a really cool design.

Researching more on this it seems the days of private mining by individuals
may be over already. People have created mining pools to use networks of
computers like folding@home but for money obviously and are getting pretty
advanced like mining with high-end video cards. People are even designing
dedicated ASIC's but so far none have been delivered and when they're ready
they may be sold to select individuals running pools or other bitcoin
operations putting the regular guy at a further disadvantage. Bottom line
appears to be a lone miner with a normal desktop computer is not going to be
able to do anything but heat up his room. I agree bitcoin is a cool concept
and design and the history is fascinating. But we are probably priced out.