On 23 October 2012 12:53, Joel Sing <j...@sing.id.au> wrote:
> Unfortunately we have no idea what firewall rules you have configured, however
> I'm going to take random guess and say that you're using a scrub rule
> with 'reassemble tcp' - if this is the case you'll probably find that some
> TCP connections to Windows-based servers will fail, since they often violate
> RFC1323 by using a 0-value timestamp during the three-way handshake, then
> increase it by some value between 0 and 2^31 on the first data packet. Note
> the TS val fields in the first two packets from 64.79.160.13:

Joel, your guess was spot on. Removing "reassemble tcp" from scrub rule indeed
resolved the issue. Thank you very much!

Out of interest - it seems like Windows 2008/2012 behave much better
here as I did not
experience such problems with these systems. Is it the case or was I just lucky?

Thanks again!
--
Marcin