I used

 setxkbmap -option 'ctrl:nocaps,grp:lctrl_toggle,grp_led:caps,compose:lwin'

to swap ctrl and caps in X. It worked fine.
But I got quickly annoyed when switching to console. So I set

 keyboard.encoding=us.swapctrlcaps

in wsconsctl.conf and

 setxkbmap -option 'grp:caps_toggle,grp_led:caps,compose:lwin'

in X11.

It works in console, but in X I can't switch layout. xev shows
Caps Lock when I press ctrl, not ISO_Next_group.

Is there a way to swap ctrl and caps and use the new "caps"
(real 'ctrl') to switch keyboard layouts in X?

kern.version=OpenBSD 5.2-current (GENERIC.MP) #60: Wed Oct 17 22:44:44 MDT 2012
    dera...@i386.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP

--
Alexander Polakov | plhk.ru