On 11/11/05, Joe S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have new static IP ADSL service from SBC. SBC assigns a /29 netblock
> once authenticated via PPPoE. The ISP routes all traffic for the IP
> block down the same PPP session, and the last usable IP is the gateway.
> I plan to assign the static IPs to some of my servers.
>
> I'm not sure how to setup the routing on my OpenBSD 3.8 firewall. Has
> anyone run into this? I don't want to do any 1 to 1 NAT.
>
> Thanks.

Are you not going to use their supplied router? We have several of these
lines in place and I just use their Netopia routers for the PPPoE stuff with
an OpenBSD bridging firewall between the router and our systems.

I've never used PPPoE on OpenBSD but it should be fairly easy to replace the
SBC equipment with an OpenBSD box. Get the WAN IP from SBC's tech, or from
their provided router, use that IP for the external interface, and use the
gateway IP, or one of the other IPs for the internal interface.

Greg