Hi All,
  From what I've read previously I've seen that ospfd will advertise
routes on carp interfaces that are in the BACKUP state. Is this
still the case these days with 5.2? Whilst I'm sure I can do some
magic with ifstated, I just wanted to make sure I'm not solving
something that is already fixed.

My use-case is that I have a pair of routers that have many vlan
interfaces shared between them via carp for resilience. These routers
then communicate with the rest of the network via ospf. They use
'redistribute connected' to distribute the subnets on the vlan
interfaces. If an entire router fails then obviously the backup route
is there in OSPF, but if for some reason there is a carp failover for
other reasons and ospfd is still running on the backup router then the
rest of the ospf neighbours don't know to use the route to the backup
carp router (which is now master).

-Matt