On 2012-11-18, Rodolfo Gouveia <rgouv...@cosmico.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 08:23:40PM +0000, Rodolfo Gouveia wrote:
>> Hello,
>> It seems that https://www.prelude-ids.org doesn't play well with
>> the ftp(1).
>> I normally get an 'improper response':
>>
>> $ ftp -v -d
>> https://www.prelude-ids.org/attachments/download/241/libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz
>> host www.prelude-ids.org, port (null), path
>> attachments/download/241/libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz, save as
>> libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz.
>> Trying 88.190.33.136...
>> Requesting
>> https://www.prelude-ids.org/attachments/download/241/libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz
>> received 'f'
>> ftp: Improper response from www.prelude-ids.org
>
> Tried this with wget and got:
> $ wget
> https://www.prelude-ids.org/attachments/download/241/libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz
> --2012-11-18 19:34:08--
> https://www.prelude-ids.org/attachments/download/241/libprelude-1.0.1.tar.gz
> Resolving www.prelude-ids.org (www.prelude-ids.org)... 88.190.33.136
> Connecting to www.prelude-ids.org (www.prelude-ids.org)|88.190.33.136|:443...
> connected.
> ERROR: cannot verify www.prelude-ids.org's certificate, issued by
> `/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=EssentialSSL
> CA':
>   Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
> To connect to www.prelude-ids.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
>
> So maybe the problem is the certificate?

No this is just because /etc/ssl/cert.pem is hopelessly out of date.
You can use the one from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html :-

# ftp -o/etc/ssl/cert.pem http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

(this is a repackaged version of the Mozilla certificate store).

> This particular URL is from a port that I'm working on so
> I'll be using wget for FETCH_CMD.

FETCH_CMD may not be used in a port Makefile, it's a user setting only,
this file would need to be mirrored for now (if the license permits).

One thing I noticed is that if I connect with openssl s_client and
make a GET or HEAD request using the HOST header, this server does a
renegotiation. Not sure why (doesn't seem to be SNI). But in any
event ftp(1) doesn't seem to handle it very well..

<...>
HEAD / HTTP/1.0
HOST: www.prelude-ids.org

depth=1 C = GB, ST = Greater Manchester, L = Salford, O = COMODO CA Limited, CN
= PositiveSSL CA 2
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
read R BLOCK
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:29:19 GMT