Hello.

In an effort to isolate Firefox (or any graphical browser) from my user account, I have added a 'firefox' user and group, added 'firefox' user to sshd_config to allow x11 forwarding, and ran the following commands:
$ Xephyr :1
$ ssh -Yf firefox@localhost firefox --display :1

This can be made nicer with a window manager, but I don't think that is important here.

From what I understand, this will prevent Firefox from having access to my display, such as keystrokes and mouse movement. It will also prevent Firefox from having access to my go-rwx files, and modification permissions to my files. This sounds like all of the isolation I want from Firefox, while still being able to use it.

I would like to know if I am missing or forgetting anything. I don't think a chroot for Firefox will gain me much. Other options include using pf and systrace, but again I don't think this would gain me much.

Thanks