On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 11:53:44PM +0400, Alexei Malinin wrote:

> Indeed, I ran two X servers at the same time a long time ago.
> But from time to time I have a need to do so (that is, to run one more X
> session on behalf of another person, without destroyingmy active X
> session)...

I sometimes have to do this too, and similarly realised that running two X
servers on the same machine was rather difficult to get working. Based on a
program called xsandbox, I created a little script xcage:

  http://tratt.net/laurie/src/xcage/

Nested X sessions can be a little buggy -- at least on the machines I've used
them on -- but they're often better than the alternatives (e.g. VNC to
localhost).

Laurie
--
Personal                                             http://tratt.net/laurie/