Hi,

Sometimes I just can't let well enough alone ;-)

Add this to your .profile

Fdisk-l ()      { sysctl hw.disknames | sed -e 's/[,=]/\
  /g' ; }

From my laptop command line:

ryl@smag {~} Fdisk-l
hw.disknames
  sd0:f07ccfaba910bc8e
  cd0:
  sd1:21a268bf64300a23
ryl@smag {~} vi .profile

just to feel at home ;-)

BTW, I've never seen the command "Fdisk -l" and the
"fdisk -l" I know requires a device name to list
the device's partition table.

Knowing Linux though, it wouldn't surprise me to
hear that some distro has a Fdisk command that
behaves as you describe.

Best,
Ray