On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Nick Holland
<n...@holland-consulting.net>wrote:

> and no dmesg.  that's the missing clue, of course.  serial console
> collection would be nice.

Could you give me some hints about serial console thing? I dont have any
experience with it. Do I need to have some special cables etc?
I have two machines one linux the other openbsd. If no special cables
necessary I will try to play with serial console thing.
So still not able to show a dmesg.

I'm guessing, as it sounds fairly new-ish, that you have an option to run
> the SATA ports in AHCI mode, and obviously, you are not.  I've found at
> least some AHCI controllers in "compatibility" mode are between glacial and
> unusable.  Yours sounds like it was glacial during install and unusable
> after boot.  Dig through your BIOS for options to change the mode of the
> SATA ports to AHCI ("enhanced"  "good"  "non-sucky" no idea what they'll
> call it).  You will know you are in AHCI mode if your disks come up as "sd"
> rather than "wd" devices.

As you have guessed there is a switch in bios about sata modes. There are 3
sata modes: ide,ahci and raid. When ide selected the disc is recognised as
wd
and when ahci it is sd.
I reinstalled  to a different hard disk which is older, same thing happened.