On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Graham Jenkins <grahj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> kirby@barton:ttyp0<kirby> % cat /etc/hostname.rsu0
>> dhcp nwid kirby wpakey ********
>> -inet6
>>
>> And don't forget to install rsu firmware.
>
> Sorry guys, didn't work.  I installed the rsu firmware OK, but sh
> /etc/netstart
> made the dongle flash it's light for a few seconds then gave me:
>
> rsu0:  no link ..... sleeping
>
> My /etc/hostname.rsu0 has:
> --
> dhcp nwid 'Netcomm Wireless 0578' wpakey not_the_real_one
> -inet6

First thought: does the ifconfig output match what you expect?  The
parsing of /etc/hostname.* can be...interesting, so verifying that
/etc/netstart interpreted it correctly is wise.

> Is there anything else I need to do? My router is set to:
>  Wireless B/G/N WPA-PSK AES

To second someone else's suggestion: start with a setup that doesn't
use WPA and get that working.  *Then* add the complication of WPA.

Philip Guenther