On 01/14/2013 06:57 AM, STeve Andre' wrote:
    Last night I experienced something I have never seen before.

    Sitting in KDE, I noticed that my keyboard had changed.  Any
character pressed resulted in its control equivalent, so an A or
a was ^A, etc.

    Thinking that this was very bizarre, I went to the first console
via ctrl-alt-F1 and things were fine.  Switching back to X/KDE, things
were OK, too.  It hasn't happened since.

    I wonder if I had a momentary hardware glitch?  Has anyone
seen this before?  This is a W500 Thinkpad running amd64-current
last compiled Jan 8th with a package set from December 28th.

I'm guessing your ctrl key was stuck.  I too have a W500 and
have had the problem.  It is not obvious when a key is stuck.

Ray