On 2013-01-15 09:59, sven falempin wrote:
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM, john slee <indig...@oldcorollas.org> wrote:

On 10 January 2013 22:21, Matt Morrow <cmorrow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You do realize the typical life of a battery is about a year?

Poppycock.

My FondletopPro battery still gives damn close to the performance
it gave new in early 2011. The battery in my Fondleslab 3GS is
near 4 years now and hasn't degraded that much either. Same
again for my Dell Latitude corporate drone unit.

If so many folks here are recommending Thinkpads, it's probably
because (a) they are (or at least used to be) very well engineered
laptops, and (b) shit works, yo.

John

laptop battery , what a joke .
+1, Laptop batteries area planned to have a 1-2 year life, and some times you get less some times you get more, I have one Thinkpad that the battery lasted about 6 months and wont hold a charge, I have another that is 5 years old.

asus: one of the ultra low cost pieces -may- break, the other will rock
solid.

For sure Asus is kind of a grab bag, but its generally a good bag.

and btw, stop smoking, it is bad for your computer.
+1

I usually like to ask peoples budgets before i give them recommendations but its almost always Asus or Thinkpad.

--
Jason Barbier