Hi,

I run in to a issue using npppd with radius. It look to me the parsing
of radius port info is not working.

I have: authentication section:

authentication RADIUS type radius {
       authentication-server {
               address 192.168.0.1 port 1812 secret "hogehoge"
       }
       accounting-server {
               address 192.168.0.1 port 1813 secret "hogehoge"
       }
}

If i start npppd and try to authenticate is starts communicating with
the radius server 192.168.0.1 on port 5127.
If i change port number to 1645  (old radius) i get 27910 ...

It really looks like there is a bug of memory corruption. Also i tried
for fun port 1 and got port 256 in tcpdump.

Also if
 address 192.168.0.1 secret "hogehoge"
is used it completely does not talk to the radius server and in
/var/log/daemon you get a message like
npppd[]: connect() failed in radius_prepare_socket: Can't assign requested
address

Authenticating with localfile works fine and is tested.

I have looked at parse.y and serveral other items in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/npppd/npppd but my C is not up to it yet :(

Can someone point me in direction to solve this.

Note: It was working with the 5.1 release manual build and old
config style.

Regards

Robert