On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 12:52:00PM -0500, Scott McEachern wrote:
| Either way, it sounds fantastic and having "smooth" RAID (esp.
| crypto) operations, l think, would be a huge feather in OpenBSD's
| cap.  I haven't tried full disk encryption yet, maybe on a test box
| one day, because I just don't need that overhead for every disk
| access.

Full disk encryption works fine for me on the two systems where I run
it on. I found that most disk IO is to the FS I want crypted anyway,
so I thought "let's not optimize the infrequent path" and just went
FDE.  The only real downside is that it's currently lacking installer
integration, but doing those few steps by hand isn't exactly rocket
science anyway, so FDE is definitely my preferred aproach for my
(future) installs.

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/