Hoi once more,

Closure on this.

2013/2/24 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>:
> On 2013-02-24, Pim van Pelt <p...@ipng.nl> wrote:
>> .. , or the DSL has untrained
>
> It does seem like the line could well be dropping out then.
.. and that was it. I have since replaced the DSL modem with a
Fritz!Box 7390 and the line has been up for 6 days without pretty much
a single packet dropped. As a bonus, it now trains at 50/10 where it
used to be 30/6 or something significantly weaker. That is sufficient
for me to prove that (a) the OpenBSD pppoe(4) and pppoe(8) setups were
fine, and (b) DSL modem vendors make a difference :)

Thanks Stuart, for helping me think this through, and others on this
list for lurking.

groet,
Pim
--