On 2013-03-14, John Tate <j...@johntate.org> wrote:
> It seems to be a problem with drupal, I wrote my own php script that could
> send mail without issues. I have no idea how such a problem is possible
> unless drupal doesn't use php's mail() but I can't find anyone with similar
> problems.

ah - always good to mention the exact thing that isn't working rather
than trying to simplify.

for drupal6 I used phpmailer, which talks SMTP directly thus avoiding
the need to have /bin/sh in the jail. many PHP things have some way to
do this; mail() isn't always that reliable in hosting environments.

there is a version of phpmailer for drupal7 but only a development
release so far (also I haven't used d7 yet so haven't looked at adding
it to ports).