[--------- Sun 17.Mar'13 at 11:19:31 -0500  Chris Bennett :---------]

> I also use mutt and I want to see UTF8 properly.
>
> I put:
> export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
> in my .profile and I get OK results.
> I don't need to change my actual font with that.
>
> Won't swear it will work for you.
>
> Chris

Yes I did all of that - I always read OS docs and FAQ's. The xterm issue
is weird, with some fonts I can see chinese/korean/japanese but not
Arabic - with other fonts it's the reverse. The best way i've found is
not to use a font for any terminal emulators and let it use its default.
I see more unicode charaters that way that by using any other fonts.
It's not a major issue for me, just a little niggle. Using urxvt seems
to cover most of the charset issues; but I like to use as much of the
default installation as possible. If I could get [u]xterm to do this
then i'd have no need to install urxvt.

I know that 99.9% of the time it's user config screw-ups, not the
software. I've clearly missed something or done something wrong. Like I
said, i'll just use urxvt.

Cheers for replies and advice anyway.

Jamie.

James Griffin:  jmz at kontrol.kode5.net
                                jmzgriffin at gmail.com

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38