On 04/05/2013 08:53 AM, Luis Suzuki wrote:
I used dmesg to discover if my SDHC card is recognized but I see things like
sdhc0 and sdmmc0 and no one works when I do : disklabel sdhc0 or disklabel
sdmmc0.So,Is there a more common,usual device name for SDHC cards? Thanks.

the device you want is the card itself, not the reader. It will show up as "sdX", for example, sd1.

SDHC cards work fine IF you have a supported reader. I use 8G and 16G in my cameras, and there's an 8G in my netbook as a kinda backup medium. However, I find readers that work with SDHC cards are not universal. The reader in my netbook Just Works (though it has to be in place at boot, otherwise the reader isn't powered), I unload my camera's cards with a SD->USB adapter.

Nick.