On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 08:55:53PM +1100, John Tate wrote:
> Removed all the NameVirtualHost lines and it still isn't working. I can't
> make sense of it everything looks fine, I get some errors about _default_
> VirtualHost.
>
> # apachectl startssl
> [Sat Apr  6 02:53:57 2013] [warn] module mod_php5.c is already added,
> skipping
> [Sat Apr  6 02:53:57 2013] [warn] module php5_module is already loaded,
> skipping
> [Sat Apr  6 02:53:57 2013] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80,
> the first has precedence
> [Sat Apr  6 02:53:57 2013] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80,
> the first has precedence
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>wrote:
>
> > On 2013-04-05, John Tate <j...@johntate.org> wrote:
> > > NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:443
> > > NameVirtualHost 208.79.92.130:443
> > > NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
> > > NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
> > > NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
> > > NameVirtualHost 208.79.92.130:80
> > > NameVirtualHost 208.79.92.130:80
> > > NameVirtualHost 208.79.92.130:80
> >
> > remove the duplicate lines and see if it helps.
> >

> --
> www.johntate.org

Apache is telling you what is wrong. You have several default VHs, and
the first (for port 80 it's johntate.org) has precedence, so that's why
you always get redirected to it.

Try changing the NameVirtualHost directives to *:80 and *:443. You are
specifying IP addresses on those directives, but then define
virtual hosts on *:80 and *:443, and maybe that's the problem (I've
moved from apache to nginx, so I'm not testing any of this...). Here's
a (very trimmed) known-to-work config:

ServerName www.phistat.com
DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs"
UseCanonicalName On

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin         webmas...@zeloff.org
        DocumentRoot        /var/www/htdocs
        ServerName          www.zeloff.org
        ErrorLog            logs/error_log
        CustomLog           logs/access_log combined
        <Directory "/var/www/htdocs/fdm">
                Options             Multiviews
                FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride       None
                Order
allow,deny
                Allow from                                      all
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin                                     webmas...@phistat.com
        DocumentRoot                            /var/www/htdocs/phiStat
        ServerName                                      www.phistat.com
        ErrorLog
logs/www.phistat.com-error_log
        CustomLog
logs/www.phistat.com-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

Additionally you are adding the php modules twice: in your httpd.conf file and
most likely on *.conf files present on the /var/www/conf/modules folder,
which you are including with the "Include /var/www/conf/modules/*.conf"
line, but this has nothing to do with the redirections.