On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 09:51:55AM +0400, Wesley M.A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run OpenBSD 5.3-current i386 (xbase.tgz included)
> I install php-5.3 /gd /zip
> added owncloud 5.0 from owncloud.org
>
> I read the faq : 10.20.1 - Configuring the active character set
>
> I tried this : export LC_CTYPE="en_US.ISO8859-1"
> and restart apache same error in Owncloud :
> setting locale to en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF8 failed. Support is probably
> not installed on your system
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wesley M.A

Keep in mind that httpd runs in a chroot in /var/www.

You cannot use locales inside of the chroot without also copying all the
necessary support files into the chroot (e.g. /usr/share/locale).

I would recommend to run owncloud in the C locale. I do this myself and
don't see any operational issues with that (unless something has changed
in owncloud 5, in which case I'll have to deal with this as well when I
upgrade my server...)